This easy-to-assemble vegetarian dish is great for lunchboxes. Just keep the guacamole, tomatoes and salsa in separate containers to assemble right before eating.
Nutrition Tip: Plant proteins like black beans not only add a creamy addition to a recipe, they are naturally low in saturated fat and high in fiber.
- 1 cup low-sodium black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 2 whole wheat pitas
- 4 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
- Mix beans, tomatoes, salsa and guacamole in medium bowl.
- Slice pita in half to make a pocket and toast.
- Stuff pita with Romaine and black bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 6.8gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 469mgCarbohydrates: 61.8gFiber: 10.3gProtein: 12.5g