This protein-packed breakfast burrito is sure to keep the family full through school, work or running errands.
Nutrition Tip: Egg whites only contain about half of the egg protein, so don’t skip the yolk if you want the full protein benefits from eating an egg.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced rainbow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 cup low-sodium black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 6 large eggs, scrambled, cooked until firm
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 12 slices cucumber
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add peppers and onions, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned. Add beans, tomatoes and spinach, and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beans are heated through. Remove from heat and mix in salsa.
- Assemble tortillas by adding eggs, bean/vegetable mixture, avocado and cucumber.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 16.42gCholesterol: 288mgSodium: 371mgCarbohydrates: 55.84gFiber: 10.87gProtein: 25.36g