Apples, pears and dried fruit make a great combination in this pear-stuffed baked apple recipe. This easy recipe is perfect for a yummy dessert!
Get more fresh takes on holiday favorites with our free e-cookbook.
- 4 large Gala apples
- 3 Bartlett pears, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons caramel dip
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Remove tops from apples and core, leaving apples whole. Sprinkle inside with lemon juice.
- Mix pear, pecans, dried fruit, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar in bowl.
- Tightly pack apples with pear mixture. Place in baking dish and add water to fill pan ½-inch. Bake 30-40 minutes, or until apples are soft.
- Drizzle with caramel dip.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 11.50gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 35mgCarbohydrates: 72.41gFiber: 6.38gProtein: 3.24g