There’s no doubt mornings can be nutty, but this simple apple pancake recipe can help. Apples, pomegranate juice and dried tropical fruit make a delicious, nutrient filled combo and pecans add an excellent source of vitamin-E.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 large apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried tropical fruit, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, chopped
- Preheat skillet or griddle over medium low heat; spray with cooking spray.
- Mix flours, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine milk, molasses, butter, eggs and applesauce. Stir in juice. Add flour mixture and stir until flour is moistened. Add apple, pecans, tropical fruit and cherries. Stir briefly.
- Spoon ¼ cup of batter onto skillet. Cook for 2-4 minutes, until underside is brown, edges are dry and bubbles form and pop in center of pancakes. Flip over and cook 1-2 minutes, until undersides are lightly browned.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 18.42gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 244mgCarbohydrates: 49.53gFiber: 4.91gProtein: 9.34g