Little hands are sure to grab up these homemade muffins for breakfast, but don’t be surprised if they also become snacks or dessert! Packed with fresh berries for a healthy dose of Vitamin C, fiber and brain-healthy antioxidants.
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin pan and set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Mix egg, maple syrup, vanilla, yogurt and applesauce in separate large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in strawberries and blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin, filling cups about three-fourths full.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in muffin tin 5 minutes before removing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 1gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g