A holiday classic with a twist: serve veggies with turkey for extra nutritional power. The paired green bean casserole is a healthier spin on the cream-based classic with less fats and nutrient-rich almonds.
Get more fresh takes on holiday favorites with our free e-cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 4-pound boneless turkey breast
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat; add onions, spinach, mushrooms, thyme, parsley, celery and cashews; cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Insert knife into side of turkey breast and create pocket in the middle. Stuff breast with vegetable mixture.
- Return skillet to heat; add turkey and cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Transfer turkey to baking dish and bake 30-45 minutes, or until an internal temperature reaches 160ºF.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 630Total Fat: 21gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 282mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 9gProtein: 42g