Throw this recipe together for the perfect quick and easy weeknight meal to get out of the traditional taco rut.
Nutrition Tip: Let shrimp be the star of your next seafood night! This quality protein is high in selenium, a mineral needed for the body to efficiently fight off free radicals and infections.
- 1/2 cup diced orange
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 3/4 pounds peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon no-salt seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can low-sodium black beans, drained, rinsed
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- Mix oranges, pineapple and cilantro in small bowl. Set aside.
- Marinate shrimp in orange juice, lime juice and seafood seasoning in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add pepper and onion, and cook 4 minutes, or until slightly softened. Add cabbage and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent. Add shrimp, and beans, and cook 4-6 minutes, or until shrimp turns opaque. Remove from heat.
- Fill each tortilla with shrimp/vegetable mixture, avocado and pineapple-orange salsa.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 taco
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 11gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 685mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 10gProtein: 21g