Not all salsas need to be tomato-based. This black bean and corn salsa is perfect any time of the year. Grab your chips and dip!
Nutrition Tip: When black beans are paired with a grain, they become a dynamic duo that provides you with all of the essential amino acids of a complete protein. You could go the traditional route by mixing beans and rice, or try something new by whipping up black bean brownies!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can low-sodium black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (14 oz.) can no-salt-added corn, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 small RealSweet® sweet onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Slowly whisk olive oil and lime juice in medium bowl.
- Add black beans, corn, onion and cilantro. Stir well to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g