This post is sponsored by Avocados From Mexico. All opinions are our own.
Each year, 1.3 billion pounds of avocados are shipped to the U.S. from Mexico. That’s a lot of guacamole! We teamed up with our friends at Avocados from Mexico to share some of our favorite avocado recipes with you.
Avocados are sometimes known as a “fat” food, but did you know that 75% of the fats in an avocado are unsaturated or “good fats” that help manage blood pressure, increase absorption of essential vitamins, and lower LDL cholesterol, therefore reducing the risk of heart disease?
Health Benefits of Avocados:
- Loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
- A 1 oz. serving contains just 50 calories and no cholesterol or sodium.
- Avocados contain nearly 20 essential vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin K, folate, Vitamin C and potassium.
- High in fiber.
- Act as a “nutrient booster” to help the body absorb more fat-soluble nutrients from foods eaten with them.
10 Healthy Avocado Recipes:
- Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Avocado Mac & Cheese
- Baked Avocado Fries
- Avocado Turkey Tortilla Spirals
- Salsa Avocado Toast
- Rustic Guacamole with Corn
- Dark Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- Mexican Sushi
- Tex-Mex Taco Salad Bowls
- Chicken Tostadas
For more information on avocados, including recipes, prep tips, videos and more, visit Avocados from Mexico.