This post is sponsored by Avocados From Mexico. All opinions are our own.
Last month, our friends at Avocados from Mexico shared some delicious and easy ways to swap out ingredients like butter, mayonnaise and sour cream for avocados for an extra produce boost in meals.
This time of year, desserts are everywhere. While we believe in everything in moderation, why not make a few simple swaps to boost nutrients? Using avocados in your desserts contributes nearly 20 vitamins, minerals, and beneficial plant compounds that can enhance the nutrient quality of the diet.
Here are 7 delicious dessert ideas using avocados to add to your holiday baking rotation:
- Dark Chocolate Avocado Brownies from Produce for Kids: Who says rich, chocolatey brownies can’t be a better-for-you dessert? We swap avocados for ingredients that are high is saturated fat. The Dietary Guidelines for Americans emphasize good fats, like fats found in avocados, as part of healthy eating pattern. You won’t even be able to taste the difference!
- Easy Avocado Muffins with Cranberries from Blackberry Babe: Using avocado in these avocado muffins is an easy way to add even more fruit to this recipe (blackberries are included too). Avocados are a good source of fiber and folate per 50g serving (one-third of a medium avocado). Your entire family will love these, and the kids will to help mix the light green batter!
- Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles from Avocados from Mexico: These bite-sized desserts are perfect portioned for a yummy way to end dinner. Try them you’re your favorite toppings like shredded coconut, crushed nuts and more!
- Coconut Avocado Popsicles from The Little Epicurean: These coconut avocado popsicles are rich and creamy. Keep them handy in the freezer for a guilt-free dessert!
- Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse from Gimme Some Oven: This Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse is quick and easy to make in the food processor, made with wholesome ingredients, and it tastes absolutely decadent!
- Avocado Mint Fudge Bars from ifoodreal: These bars are easy to throw together for an easy dessert – just blend everything in the food processor, pour into a pan and freeze!
- Coconut & Avocado Grasshopper Bars from Raia’s Recipes: These bars are allergy-friendly and full of real-food deliciousness.
Learn more about the health benefits of avocados, plus get recipes, and helpful tips from their Registered Dietitian at avocadosfrommexico.com. Follow Avocados from Mexico on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for even more inspiration!